How we formed
Triton Hydrogen is at the forefront of hydrogen innovation. The company was co-founded by Henning Syversen, the visionary leader of Triton Norway, which was established in 2012. Our flagship creation, Tritonex, is a testament to our pioneering spirit—a unique hydrogen barrier coating system born from extensive research and scientific prowess. Today, Tritonex propels Triton Hydrogen forward as the cornerstone of our thriving business.
At Triton Hydrogen, our growth strategy is laser-focused. It aligns seamlessly with partners who echo our commitment to sustainable technology and eco-conscious principles. Our mission is rooted in addressing global environmental challenges through innovative solutions.
The development of the Tritonex Hydrogen Barrier Coating System (HCBS) results from a collaboration between a stellar team of experts in nanotechnology, chemistry, electronics, polymers, and industrial engineering. This elite group brings together centuries of collective expertise to forge advancements in industrial improvement solutions.
Our partnership strategy at Triton Norway and Triton Hydrogen is no afterthought; it’s the cornerstone of our operations. We believe in cultivating strong partner and customer relationships and fostering innovation to continue driving technological advancements. Our dedication to excellence has seen our journey evolve from a groundbreaking development firm, Triton Norway, to establishing a global supplier of state-of-the-art technology.
Triton Hydrogen Ltd, established in the UK, is poised to capitalise on the market potential of Tritonex HBCS, setting a new standard in the hydrogen industry and redefining what is possible for storing, transporting, distributing and using hydrogen today.
- To provide a long-term solution for the storage and transportation of hydrogen
- To deliver reliable, consistent revenue streams across multiple countries
- To develop profitability and sustainability through organic growth and targeted acquisitions
- To be the leading provider of innovative products in the hydrogen market
- To make the hydrogen industry a sustainable and safer place
- To make world changing global impact through never seen before technology and ongoing innovation
- Triton Hydrogen Ltd. is a UK based company that combines world-leading know-how with commercial and industrial expertise
- Triton Hydrogen Ltd. has developed an innovative coating - Tritonex - that prevents Hydrogen leakage which addresses a multi-billion market
- The product, which has been in development for many years, is unique and has been accredited to IS01708 (Hydrogen diffusion) and is currently being tested under live conditions
Our Leadership Team
Chief Executive Officer
- 30 years experience, founder and broad international and technical background
- Established Triton Norway
- Aviation, electronic, R&D and project management
- Highly successful business owner for +20 years
- 30 years leadership experience
- Extensive global marketing practice over four decades
Chief Financial Officer and Commercial Director
- 30 years experience chartered management accountant
- Entrepreneur, director and Non-Executive Director
- UK rail, utilities and construction
- 20 years experience in the rail sector
- Background in technical, product development, consultancy and operations
- Wide-ranging vision, strategy, and thinking methodologies used to innovate new products and services
- Five decades of innovations and product development
- Eminent in his field
- Several hundred patents and innovations filed
- 40 years experience in R&D and project management
- Worked on major international oil and gas projects
- Borregard, Norsk Hydro, Stat Oil, SAAS Engineering
- 40 years experience as a chartered engineer
- Rail, construction, automotive, project management
- HS2, Parsons Brinkenoff, Capita and AEA
The product and its technology
Tritonex HBCS is a liquid coating utilising nano technology that creates a 100% barrier for the storage and transportation of Hydrogen, Ammonia, Methane and all other gases.
It sticks easily to all surfaces including metal, aluminium, composites, plastics, glass and rock. It is a chemically inert barrier that will not react to any gases and has also been tested to withstand more than 1,000°C with no damage, as the product does not absorb heat.
It is non-toxic, organically based and does not require any toxic, hazardous or special protection certificates. The application process is simple and does not require any retrofitting of existing equipment.
Two layers of Tritonex HBCS are applied to hydrogen storage containers both large and small. 4.54 litres covers 15m2